What is my case worth?
Car accident lawyer Frank Bartlett can help you determine the maximum value of your car accident case. This is a complex process. The value of the case depends on many facts, such as how the accident happened, what injuries you sustained and how these injuries affected your life, physically, emotionally and financially. Although the facts of your case can’t change, how those facts are presented can make a huge difference in the outcome of your case.
Do not talk to the other driver’s insurance company representatives without first speaking to an experienced car accident attorney at Bartlett Legal Group.
Being involved in a car accident can be a life-changing experience. If you’re seriously injured it can take months, years or even a lifetime to recover. Work with our experienced injury lawyers to help make sure you get fair compensation for your injuries.
We can help you recover the money you need to take care of your medical bills, replace lost wages and provide you with money for the pain and suffering you had to endure as a result of someone else’s negligence. Our lead accident attorney Frank Bartlett possesses unique and valuable insight gained as a former insurance defense attorney. He now works strictly for people injured by accidents or the wrongs of others. Working as an insurance defense attorney allowed Attorney Bartlett to gain valuable knowledge about how insurance adjusters handle and evaluate claims. He learned first hand the maximum amount insurance adjusters would pay. He uses this knowledge and experience to maximize your compensation and get you a fair settlement. Our motto is “Giving Victims A Voice”.
Bartlett Legal Group Can Help You
When you get in touch with one of the top* personal injury and car accident attorneys you start the process of making yourself whole again. Having an experienced litigator on your side is the best way to be sure you can get what you’re rightfully owed for the damage done to you and your vehicle. Many insurance companies will try to settle quickly for less than your case is worth. There’s nothing wrong with taking a settlement, but you want to make sure it’s fair and realistic based on the accident and the damages that stemmed from that accident. That’s why having an experienced car accident lawyer on your side is so valuable. We will work on your behalf to achieve fair compensation for your injuries.
Avvo, a national independent attorney ranking service rates Attorney Bartlett with the highest rating available based on many factors including client reviews, other lawyers evaluations, experience, and results.
What to do if You’re in a Car Accident in Connecticut
CT State law requires you to pull over and stop when you are involved in an accident. If you don’t stop, you face the risk of being charged with a “hit and run” accident. Make sure your vehicle is off the road, if you can operate it. Police need to be notified right away when there is injury, death, or property damage. There is no threshold in CT of estimated property damage for reporting an accident.
Car Accidents with Injury
Your response after an accident with injuries can help save lives and speed rescue personnel to the scene.
- Make sure police and other emergency workers have been notified. Call 911.
- Don’t try to move an injured person unless there is a vehicle fire or other immediate risk.
- Covering an injured person with a blanket can help prevent shock.
Reporting a Car Accident
Collecting information after an accident will be helpful to police, your insurance company when you make a claim, and especially your attorney at Bartlett Legal Group.
- Write down the names and addresses of everyone involved.
- Get insurance information, license plate numbers and the make, model and year of vehicles.
- Write down any damage you observe to all vehicles related to the accident. Cooperate with police in answering questions and providing information.
- Don’t give opinions. State only facts.
- If your car hits a parked vehicle, try to find the owner. Leave a note on the driver’s windshield if the owner is not around. Include your contact information and the date and time the accident occurred.
- Write down as much information about the accident as possible while it’s still fresh in your mind so that attorney Bartlett will have all the facts required to mount a case if one is warranted.
- If you or one of your passengers are injured make sure you seek medical attention as soon as possible. It’s important that injuries are documented. It is quite common to feel fine initially but in a day or two pain is felt. This must be documented by a medical professional.
Providing Information to Police in Connecticut
You must show the following documents to police when you are involved in accident:
- Driver’s license
- Registration card
- Connecticut insurance card
- Current address
Your attorney here will be able to get a copy of the official accident report prepared by the officer at the scene.
Before you choose an attorney consider the following
TWELVE KEY QUESTIONS
- Commitment – Will the attorney devote the many hours of detailed work required or will the case be handed off to an associate with less experience? Continuity from start to finish is critically important if you are to maximize the value of your case.
- Experience – Has the lawyer handled hundreds of car accident cases that they have learned from? Experience can make a big difference.
- Trials– Does the attorney handle trials, or does he refer cases that require a trial to other attorneys? Has the attorney successfully defended his clients’ verdicts in appeals to the Appellate and Supreme Court?
- Experts – Is the firm willing to devote its resources to retain experts to build a strong case on your behalf? Having a knowledgeable and experienced expert can be the deciding factor in your case.
- Knowledge – Can the firm analyze complicated medical records? Having a medical expert on staff that knows what to look for based on years of medical experience can affect the value of your case.
- Recognition – How is the attorney ranked by national rating agencies such as Avvo and Super Lawyers? A lawyer’s experience is key.
- Insight – Does the attorney have a diverse background which includes working as a defense attorney for insurance companies, and do they represent any insurance companies now? Knowledge of the process and the tactics used by insurance companies helps to level the playing field between injured parties and insurance companies.
- Compassion – Will the attorney spend the time answering your questions and asking the right questions about how the accident affects you financially, emotionally, physically, and how the accident limits your daily activities? Having a caring and compassionate attorney on your side will ease the process and strengthen your case.
- Preparation – Does the attorney prepare for every case as if it will ultimately go to trial, and if it does, will they be the attorney representing you in court? Favorable settlements don’t just happen on their own. Hard work and preparation are necessary to be successful at trial and to position your case for a favorable settlement.
- Personality – Will a jury relate to and trust this attorney? This can greatly change your outcome. Cases often hinge on whether the jury likes the attorney. If you find the attorney personable and likable so will the jury.
- Client Satisfaction – Does the attorney have positive reviews from past clients?
- Results – Does the attorney have proven results in court? If an insurance company respects your attorney’s reputation, it should result in higher compensation for you.
Every case is different. The above questions are just a few of the many things you should ask yourself before choosing an attorney. An attorney should not be able to arrive at a fair value for your case on the first day. It’s a process. At Bartlett Legal Group we promise you that we will do the hard work needed to make sure you get the compensation for your car accident that you deserve. To find out things about your case that are even more critical to its value
Don’t Get Cheated Out of What You’re Really Owed
You’ll have advocates who care about getting you the best financial compensation possible for the injuries you sustained. That’s one of the best ways to ensure you’ll be protected monetarily for medical bills, future treatments, and the loss of income you sustained from the car accident. It’s not just about physical damage, as a serious car accident can leave emotional scars that take time to heal.
You don’t have to settle for less than you deserve when it comes to compensation for a car accident. Our lawyers can help protect your interests and keep you from being cheated by the other party’s insurance company. They want to settle for the lowest amount possible, but you deserve better than that and we can help you get what you deserve.
CONTACT US NOW FOR A FREE CONSULTATION, or call us at 203-463-4939
Looking for a top* rated Fairfield car accident lawyer?
We serve auto accident clients throughout Connecticut, including but not limited to Waterbury, Cheshire, New Haven, Fairfield, Bridgeport and Hartford.
Our mission at Bartlett Legal Group is to be the best car accident law firm having the highest client satisfaction.