Fatal Accident Attorney Helping Connecticut Families Recover From the Ultimate Loss
Fatal accidents that are the result of someone’s negligence or fault are referred to by the legal profession as a wrongful death. Bartlett Legal Group is a wrongful death law firm and wrongful death is our core business. Contact our fatal accident attorney today for a free, no obligation consultation. Please click here to see more helpful questions about wrongful death cases.
Fatal accident lawsuits can result from many types of accidents such as
Car Accident Death caused by:
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Auto defects / Manufacturing defects
- Distracted driving such as texting
- Aggressive driving or road rage
- Unsafe road conditions such as a reported pot-hole.
- Unmarked construction areas
Connecticut traffic deaths in 2016 rose to their highest level in the past four years. Many were the result of the nine reasons listed above.
Year / Deaths
2013 / 278
2014 / 245
2015 / 273
2016 / 301
For more information about car accident lawsuits and answers please click here.
Fatal Boating Accident or Drowning due to negligence or error of another.
Truck Fatal Accident or truck car fatal accidents present many different aspects to consider and research such as:
- Was the driver falling asleep due to excessive hours logged?
- Was the truck overloaded?
- Was the speed excessive for conditions? When did the truck leave its origination point compared to the time of the accident?
- What information is contained in the truck’s Electronic Control Module (ECM) and does that conflict with the driver’s version of events?
- Was the accident caused by a mechanical defect or worn part that should have been replaced? We have experts that will investigate this.
- Trucks have much more mass than cars, especially when fully loaded. This usually results in more serious injuries to the occupants of the car in a truck / car accident.
- Has the truck company been cited for safety issues in the past?
- Was there driver negligence that caused a jack-knife or roll-over?
- Was the truck driver driving aggressively?
- Was the driver driving too fast during adverse conditions?
Motorcycle Fatal Accident
Our attorneys are motorcycle riders and know firsthand the dangers associated with riding. We know what to look for that may have contributed to the accident. We understand that car drivers often don’t see us. This does not release them of liability. For more information please click here.
Medical Errors Resulting in Death / Medical Malpractice
Bartlett Legal Group is very fortunate to have a certified legal nurse with over forty years of experience. She is invaluable when determining the cause and the fault of the death. For more information about Medical Malpractice please click here.
Workplace Fatality or on the job fatal injury
OSHA has made the workplace much safer over the years. Unfortunately there are still 4500 workplace deaths a year in the U.S. That’s over 12 work related deaths a day. We still see too many cases relating to unsafe working conditions. This is often due to cost-cutting by companies. These employers need to be held accountable.
Dram Shop Liability – When someone dies as a result of being served too much liquor and a death occurs the establishment serving the liquor may be held responsible. This may also be true if the intoxication caused a fatality as the result of a car accident. For more information about alcohol related deaths please click here.